Big Bang Mud Run - 2018 Date To Be Announced
Stay tuned for event details to be announced in Spring 2018 on the 4th Annual Big Bang Mud Run featuring the Whitecourt Meteorite Site.
Our 2017 event was a huge success - see the highlights and all the muddy images in our photo gallery! Thank you to all of our sponsors, volunteers and of course muddy runners for making this year's event so much fun! Hosted by Whitecourt Woodlands Tourism, the 7 kilometre Big Bang Mud Run course combines terrain, obstacles, inclines, and (of course) MUD to challenge your physical strength, determination, and stamina.
Check out the photos and video from our annual event!
About the Whitecourt Meteorite
The Whitecourt crater is a meteorite impact crater in central Alberta.
- Located approximately 10km southeast of Whitecourt within Woodlands County.
- Found on July 3, 2007 by Whitecourt resident, Sonny Stevens.
- Approximately 36 meters in diameter and 9 meters deep.
- Estimated age between 1080 and 1130 years since the buried fragments of the impacting meteorite are all found above a layer of carbon from a forest fire dating around 1100 years ago.
- For the most up-to-date information please visit our Facebook page.